We are currently recruiting for the following role(s).
Volunteers are at the heart of the charity and enable us to support over 3,000 people per year! Last year nearly 1 out of 4 hours of our support services were delivered by our cohort of nearly 100 trained and passionate volunteers.
Through volunteering with us you’ll be making a tremendous positive impact in your community whilst meeting new people, sharing your experiences and learning some new skills.
All of our volunteers will be supported by our dedicated Volunteer Manager and Team Leaders. All travel and lunch will be reimbursed.
Why work for Positive East
The work of the Charity
Positive East is the largest HIV community-based Charity in London, now in our 3rd decade. We have 32 staff and 80 volunteers delivering services and supporting the work of the organisation. The Charity enables people with HIV to live full and healthy lives and works to ending the onward transmission of HIV.
We have an holistic service offer providing welfare benefits advice, peer mentoring, support groups, wellbeing seminars/workshops, counselling, specialist psychology ‘ReAssure’ (migrant women who have been subject to trauma), HIV and STI testing (undertaken in multiple locations across east London and through our GMI Partnership London), training, outreach & engagement. We are strongly committed to delivering through partnership working as this maximises our impact, strengthens our service offer and extends our reach. We proudly partner with HIV Clinics, Charities, Community Groups, Councils and any organisations that can support us in achieving our vision and mission
A good place to work
We pride ourselves on being a good place to work and a recent Investors in People Assessment (March 2022) states we should be proud of the following:
- state that Positive East is a great place to work
- love the culture, the flexibility of working hours, support during the Covid-19 pandemic, the ethos, and the recognition awarded to them, and want that to develop further
- feel valued and rewarded
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus all bank holidays
- 6% employer pension contribution (you will be required to make contributions as set out in statute and regulations)
- Possibility of Hybrid Working (minimum of 2/3 days in the office)
- Your Birthday as an extra day of annual leave
- Interest Free Travel Loan
- Interest Free Cycle Loan